Texas Sales Agent Exam Prep Edge Texas Practice Real Estate Exam Questions
Complete a Free Practice Assessment
Below are free Texas real estate practice exam questions that will closely resemble your licensing exam. Review these questions and see what you know! The answers are provided beneath the question set.
1. Texas residents Carole and Frank Bellacera are purchasing a two-story house with five bedrooms for $350,000. To whom should they write out their earnest money check of $10,000?
- To the All American Escrow Company
- To their brokerage, Kent Realty
- To the sellers, Bob and Kim Banks
- To the sellers’ brokers, Johnson and Sons Brokerage Services
2. Hank is a Texas real estate licensee working for an investor. Which of these actions is he prohibited from performing?
- Crunch numbers for the client.
- Prepare an offer for an investment property.
- Recommend a specific investment.
- Search the MLS, auctions, advertisements, etc. for investment properties.
3. To effect a transfer of title by deed in Texas, what must occur?
- A notary must acknowledge the grantor’s signing of the deed.
- The grantee must have the deed recorded.
- The grantor and grantee must sign the deed in front of a witness.
- The grantor must deliver the deed to the grantee and the grantee must accept it.
4. Archie is behind in his mortgage payments. He wants to sell his house and get out from under the loan. You agree to help Archie list his property. Which TREC addendum will you and Archie need to complete and attach to the sales contract?
- Addendum for Back-Up Contract
- Addendum for Sale of Other Property by Buyer
- Reverse Mortgage Financing Addendum
- Short Sale Addendum
5. You’re a broker in Houston. Although your former client, Meghan, is on the Texas Do Not Call list, it’s okay for you to call her to solicit business if you have an established business relationship with that person, and were involved in a business transaction with that consumer within ______.
- The past 12 months
- The past 15 months
- The past 18 months
- The past six months
6. Which of the following sellers is required by Texas Property Code to provide a seller’s disclosure form to prospective buyers?
- A builder of a new home
- A lender after foreclosing
- A married couple selling community property
- A trustee of an estate
7. For how many years following an incident does TREC allow a person to file a complaint against a license holder?
- Five years
- Four years
- One year
- Three years
8. Alma is an unlicensed assistant in Texas. Which of the following tasks is she permitted to perform for her broker?
- "Answer the phone and forward messages to the broker.
- Call prospective clients to solicit business.
- Host an open house.
- Interpret contract information for a client.
For a more comprehensive view into the types of questions you can expect on the exam, sign up for our free assessment. You’ll have the chance to review a 99-question real estate practice exam at no cost to you. Note that answers are only provided upon purchasing Exam Prep.
If you’re ready to feel confident about your upcoming licensing exam, you can purchase our Texas real estate Exam Prep package. By purchasing one of our packages, you not only get to see the results from your free assessment, but you’ll also have access to an innovative Exam Prep Edge program that will put you in the best position to pass your test the first time around.
Here's What You Need to Know About Your Free Assessment
What is it?
Your free assessment consists of access to the Exam Prep Edge initial assessment exam that will give you immediate feedback on the topics you’ve mastered and the ones you still need to work on. Note that you’re required to purchase the program before you’re able to access the study materials or unlimited practice exams.
What do I need to do?
It's simple. Choose the program you want to try, sign up, and you're ready to get started. We won't even ask for credit card information until you're ready to buy.
Will my progress be saved?
Yes! The score from your free assessment will be saved. When you purchase the program, your progress will seamlessly transfer and you can pick up right where you left off.
What will it cost me?
Nothing at all! When we say free, we really mean it. Getting your real estate license is an investment and we want to show you how committed we are to helping you pass your exam. Take it for a test drive - you won’t be disappointed. Ready to buy?
Am I obligated to purchase by signing up?
Nope! We want you to be completely satisfied with Exam Prep Edge. You're not obligated to anything if you don't want to buy.
What happens when my free trial ends?
When you complete your free assessment, your program will be locked until you decide to purchase. If you like the program, you can purchase at any time. Get started!