Colorado Continuing Education COURSE
Colorado 2022 Annual Commission Update
Each year, the Commission develops an Annual Commission Update (ACU) course offering important information and updates related to regulatory changes and issues affecting real estate practice.
This four-hour course highlights compliance issues, reviews general practice knowledge, summarizes recent regulatory and Commission changes that affect the real estate industry, and meets Colorado’s mandatory requirement for CE. In addition, it aids in increasing broker competency by providing additional details on common issues so that brokers may better serve consumers.
Reminder: The ACU is best taken at the beginning to middle of the year. Also, the ACU is not a contracts course.
This course covers:
- Common compliance issues, including reporting requirements, advertising guidelines, and broker relationships disclosure
- Property disclosures: what, what not, and when to disclose
- A property disclosure case study of how things can go wrong
- Competency in real estate practice and common pitfalls, including liability concerns
- Specifics of financial audits and common problems
- Trust money related to non-real estate brokerage services
- New legislation related to landlords and tenants
- Fair housing issues in Colorado, including snares related to advertising
- State rules and laws regarding transaction files and record retention
- New forms and changes including addenda, manufactured housing, post-closing occupancy, and the Contract to Buy and Sell Real Estate (Residential) (Colorado Foreclosure Protection Act) form
- Resources for licensees and other updates
- Case studies, activities, and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in an everyday context